- Do not carry too many packages-lock them in your car trunk or not in plain view
- Avoid carrying large amounts of cash
- Keep credit slips-tear & discard later
Read more on before and after shopping...
- Wear your purse strapped across your body and wallets in front pocket
- Use credit or bank ATM card or checks rather than carrying cash.
- If ATM is used, use as “credit” so you do not have to use your PIN number
- If you need an ATM, use one located in a mall, store, or well-lighted location
- In public restrooms-do not hang a purse on handles/hooks and never on the floor
- Always go with your child when taking them to the restroom
- Teach your child never to talk to or go anywhere with strangers
- Use the shopping cart safety belt for a child
- On escalators-hold a child’s hand facing them forward and make sure shoes are tied
Even if you have a full list of shopping, take a break with the kids even if it's a brief ice skating break at a local holiday ice skating rink, have a coffee and holiday desert with your kids, sing Christmas songs along the way. Making sure your children are buckled safety. Have a safe and Happy Holiday!